This product is covered by a manufacturer’s warranty to provide you with additional peace of mind in the quality of this product. This guarantee sits alongside and exists in addition to any rights covered by the relevant consumer guarantees. Under Australian Consumer Law, these guarantees cannot be excluded.
Upon receiving your order, it is recommended that you inspect it immediately to ensure that you are completely satisfied with your purchase, that it matches the product description, and that it is of an acceptable quality. Under Australian Consumer Law, should there be a major failure with the product, you are entitled to a refund or replacement. If any foreseeable loss or damage is incurred you may also be entitled to compensation. If the product received is not deemed to be of an acceptable quality and the failure is not a major failure, you are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This warranty covers:
Manufacturing defects: This product is covered for manufacturing defects for a period of 24 months. This includes all product hardware (cords, chains, headrails, mechanisms, screws, etc.), with all stainless steel hardware also warranted against moisture related defects (oxidising, rusting, etc.) for a period of 24 months.
Also covered under this warranty is any paint/lacquer/stain used on the product. These finishes are warranted against manufacturing defects which includes cracking, hazing and peeling, for a period of 24 months. Timber products with a clear or stained lacquer finish are subject to colour changes which is natural and beyond reasonable human control. Due to the expected change in colour, this colour change cannot be claimed under warranty as a defect.
- Matches the product description given
- Is fit for the purpose intended
- Is of an acceptable quality
- Is durable and safe
- Return the product after an unreasonable amount of time has passed
- Cannot prove that the product was purchased from us (To provide proof of purchase, we require the original purchase receipt or bank/credit card statement. Where suitable, other forms of proof of purchase may be considered.
- Change your mind (We ask that you please choose products carefully and check your order prior to placement as we do not usually provide refunds if you have made a wrong selection or changed your mind.)
- Find that the product doesn’t fit or isn’t appropriate
- Use the product for a purpose that it isn’t normally intended (unless Look Blinds has specifically advised otherwise) or in an abnormal manner. This includes damage caused by misuse or accident, including events which occur after the product was supplied and are beyond human control
- Didn’t properly explain what you wanted when ordering
Additionally, the product is not warranted for:
- Cupping, billowing, wavering or ‘V’ing in fabric. This is expected to varying degrees with all fabrics and depends on the individual properties of each fabric.
- Moisture damage, except that which is found in an interior location’s normal atmospheric conditions. If the product is described as having water resistant features, subject to the conditions explained in the product specification and/or manual, this point is not applicable.
In the event of a claim being made, please follow the following steps:
- Contact our customer service team (You can contact us by calling 1300 205 908 or by placing warranty repair or replacement request online)
- Provide the relevant order/item number, job name and details or the issue, including photos if possible.
- In instances in which the goods need to be inspected, a member of our customer service team will be in contact to organise this with you.
Please note that you will be issued with a returned goods number by our customer service team. This should be affixed to the package which contains the product. To avoid damage to the product during transit, please package the product well (the original packaging is preferred though not essential), label with the delivery address below and return to:
Look Blinds PO Box 502, Cleveland QLD 4163
In instances where the goods have been assessed and it is determined that we have breached either these warranty conditions or any relevant consumer guarantees, we will cover the cost of returning the product. In most cases we will organise transportation and cover the transit costs incurred, however, should you incur transit expenses, please make a claim by contacting a member of our customer service team on 1300 205 908.
Inspect/repair/replace your goods within a reasonable timeframe, as we deem necessary. Timeframes will vary according to factors such as delivery times, availability of parts, incorrect fault descriptions, etc. In some instances, refurbished parts of the same type may be used to repair or replace the product presented for repair.
A replacement or refund will be made available to you if the issue with the product is deemed to be a major failure. Refunds will be made by the same payment method used to make your purchase and will normally be processed within a 7 day timeframe.
In instances in which you are not entitled to have your product repaired or receive a refund or replacement, i.e. the product has been assessed and it hasn’t been found that a breach of the warranty conditions or consumer guarantee has occurred, please note that you may be required to pay freight, assessment and/or labour fees.
Unless the product is being replaced or you no longer want/require it, the product will be returned to you at the original delivery address.
The contact details of the supplier of this product are:
Look Blinds PO Box 502, Cleveland QLD 4163
Phone: 1300 205 908
Email: [email protected]
- Ready made (standard): The product can be returned if the packing of the product has not been opened and the product has not been damaged in any way.
- Ready made (with cut): The product cannot be returned as it has been made to your specified measurements.
- Custom made: The product cannot be returned as it has been made to your specified measurements.
If you return a product to us, ‘Store Credit’ (minus a $20 restocking fee) will be applied to your account. This will take place once we have assessed the product and confirmed that it is undamaged and still in its original packaging.
NB: Please note that the colouring of wood grain products can vary slightly. This is because timber is a natural product and the colouring of the wood and grain varies. As a colour name ‘White’ includes white shades which may have a very slight colour. There may also be a slight variance in fabric colours due to dye lot differences. This is beyond our control. We recommend ordering samples so that you can inspect the colour and fabric prior to ordering the product.