As your new blinds will be manufactured to your precise measurements, it’s important that the measurements you provide are accurate. To help you order the correct size, start by selecting the type of blind you plan to furnish your windows with. The step-by-step instructions we have provided for each blind type show you how to measure your windows so that your new blinds will fit your windows perfectly.
10 tips for taking perfect window measurements
- For the most accurate results, use a metal tape measure to take your window measurements.
- As the window may not be perfectly square, measure the width at the top, middle and bottom.
- As with the width, measure the height/drop on the left, middle and right.
- Record the measurements in millimetres and recheck to ensure accuracy.
- Be aware that the measurements for inside and outside mounting are different.
- For inside mounting, ensure there is adequate space for the blind to function correctly.
- For outside mounting on a wall, add enough to the drop and width of the blind to completely cover the window with a little extra for better light and privacy control.
- Check for any obtrusions which may interfere with the operation of the blind.
- Don’t make any deductions as our factory will take care of this for you.
- Please don’t hesitate to contact Look Blinds customer service team if you are unsure about your measurements. We’re here to assist you in any way we can.